Organic lifestyles and products have seen a revival in recent times. The conscious public has woken up to the dangers of global warming. Environment friendliness has taken the center stage and natural lawns are a positive outcome. They help in reducing human footprint and promote clean, green surroundings. The residents also benefit as the beautiful grass is enjoyable, relaxing, and healthy for everyone.
- Natural is a reference to the ways of life without human interference. The word is used to draw a contrast with post-industrial societies.
- In the past, front yards were decorated with plush, green landscapes. But, synthetic or plastic turfs have gained prominence over the years.
- The return to natural or organic lawns are seen as an imperative. Chemicals are being seen as a threat to both soil and water bodies.
- Landscapes created with natural fertilizers preserve the soil’s fertility. But commitment is necessary for the form of maintenance and regular watering.
- Soil experts have a deeper understanding of lawn cultivation. Testing for micronutrient content helps in designing an integrated growth plan.
- Minerals like potassium, nitrogen, phosphorus, etc., are also crucial. Calcium is also used carefully to grow thick, green and natural grass.
Tips For A Healthy Garden
Natural Lawns are defined by non-toxic cultivation and a weed-free appearance. Those who landscape do it for different reasons or objectives. Some give precedence to beauty and looks, while others prefer healthy growth. There is always a trade-off between conflicting demands. Experts, however, agree on the reduction or complete elimination of chemical usage. Soil health is also factored in without affecting the quality and beauty of the lawn.
- Define the objectives in clear and concise terms. Decide if the lawn has to be plain, good, or stunningly attractive.
- Do not fall for the commercials that promote herbicides and pesticides. Yes, these may be necessary, but do research before using them.
- A good, clean, and healthy lawn do not have to be like a carpet. Some weeds like dandelions are not only delightful but also eco-friendly.
- Soil testing is a very effective step in cultivating a beautiful garden. The soil’s texture, darkness, and crumbling quality tell a lot.
- Different types of grass have unique requirements and qualities. In general, the soil has to be acidic with pH value below 7.
- Choose the right grass seed that naturally fits into the local environment. The best options are rye, fescues, zoysia, St. Augustine, bentgrass or agrostis, etc.,
- Maintain the nitrogen content for a thick, lush and green lawn. Mow till about 3 inches using sharp blades in moderate weather.
- Water carefully and consistently for a natural and strong grass cover. Let the soil dry intermittently to grow deeper roots.
Natural Lawns are eco-friendly choice for gardeners and landscapers. They keep the soil fertile and reduce the human footprint on this planet. Chemicals are not used in their cultivation to keep water bodies healthy. Choose a beautiful grass seed carefully and perform soil testing. Water, mow and maintain the lawn to ensure its long-term health and comfort.